Sunday, March 16, 2014

Chloe Ann Has Arrived

Per tradition: here I am moments before we left to the hospital for our fifth and final time to have a baby. 
My poor swollen feet! And face, and hands! 
Dave in his gear.
Truth be told Dave wore his Lucky shirt very much on purpose.  He wasn't going to take the ultra sound tech's word for it, he decided he'd believe we were having a girl when he saw it with his own eyes.
He wasn't disappointed! 
Our first meeting.  
This moment is so magical to me.  I always get emotional the first time I get to lay eyes on the precious little person I carried for 9 (ish) months!  (sorry she was still covered in placenta juice!)
THIS moment may be the one and only thing I will FOREVER miss.

We named her Chloe Ann, and she weighed 8 pounds and 4.2 ounces (coincidentally same weight as our first baby, Seth).  
I will spare the world the pictures I had Dave take of her actually arriving from out of my uterus.  But if you are interested I do have them ;).
For documentations sake, this time around was a doosie! I will try to spare you too long of a sob story, but while performing the c-section the Dr. discovered my uterus and bladder had adhered at the scare tissue and while attempting to separate them (not too gently I might add) my bladder tore.  So I got some fun stitches and staples there as well as on my abdomen, and I got to wear a catheter for a week, it came home with me and everything, good times. :) 
I could see a bit from the reflection in the lighting equipment above me and could see them jamming towels into me in order to dry me off as much as possible so they could stitch up my bladder. I actually later dreamed they forgot a towel inside me and left it in there to be found after I was healed up so I had to do it all over again.  I do have strange dreams in the hospital!
I don't usually take anything for the pain in the hospital but right around day 3 I decided to try some ibuprofen.  It took the edge off just enough and I was glad I did it.  I am not anti-pain meds, but I would do just about anything to avoid prolonging recovery, so I prefer to feel what my body is doing and not over do it because I have a false sense of mobility because I am on pain killers.  Plus I have been blessed to have a strong body, and a high pain tolerance.  Not trying to be brave here, it's just the way it is.  In deliveries past I have actually had nurses mad at me for declining pain killers... kinda funny!  But I win them over by how fast and often I get up to walk the halls.  They all love me by the time I check out! That's why I get so many extra diapers!  JK :)

Blue feet... all the rage in the nursery!
The triage nurse gave her a faux hawk and yellow hair bow. :) Her first accessory.
And as if blue feet weren't enough, Chloe revealed her inner diva, dredging up drama just hours old.  She decided to hold her breath, turning her whole self blue, earning herself a one way ticket into the NICU.  

Hummm... will those eyes be blue or brown???
Our first visitor, Auntie Kristy.  We love you!!!

No comments: