Sunday, November 3, 2013

Seth's Baptism

Disclaimer:  I have regrettably forgotten some of the details of this day, so if you were there and read something that was not right or left out, please let me know! :) I blame pregnant brain.

Seth turned 8 this year!!! :) It happened to be on a weekday when his Daddy couldn't be there so we celebrated by having a yummy dinner and then blowing out a candle in an air head candy.  He chose to have a cake later at his after baptism lunch.  
He did get to go to  cub scouts for the first time on his actual birthday so that was fun!
 This was such a special day! Seth is such a special boy, he is naturally perceptive of the spirit and has a beautiful testimony already of many important things.  
We (and by we I mean his grandparents from Utah, his grandparents in Az, our close friends the Clarks, the primary pres. and his primary teacher) met at the stake center.  There were talks given by women in the stake presidency and then we sang songs till it was our turn to go.  Thankfully we were second and I could stop fighting Noah to behave!  
Funny story: Dave got a bit lost on his way to the font.  We were all in the font room waiting and wondering where he and Seth were till someone found him. It was so beautiful watching my boy be baptized and the spirit was so overwhelming. I was in awe that my own son was taking on such a sacred covenant with his Father in Heaven and doing so with open arms ready to be accountable. Words can't really describe I guess. It was amazing!  After the ordination, we went into our own room for a short talk by Seth's Granddad (my dad), and the confirmation.  Seth's Granddad gave a short talk about accountability and the atonement and then recited the poem The Old Violin.  I admit I cried.  Such a day so full already of beautiful things, then the confirmation welcoming the Holy Ghost into Seth's life for a constant companion was the icing on the cake.  
I am sad that due to my poor hearing and a fussy baby I didn't get to take in all in as I would have liked, but I learned a few things and will do things a bit different next time to make it more about those special moments and less about other things, (like lunch!) :)  
 It was a bit tricky getting a family picture after all that (attempted) forced reverence but all our eyes are open so that's gotta count for something!  I wish I had more pictures of this precious day!
 The man of the hour.
 The cake back at the house.  
This is a picture Seth drew days later all on his own accord of his memory of his special day. 

No comments: