Thursday, October 28, 2010

RAGNAR

Yes I did another Ragnar, this one was in Las Vegas and this time I hand picked most everyone on my team. My dear husband even came, not only came but saved the day by running the hardest leg out of 36 legs!!! What a man! Funny coincidence that the other 4 friends (also married couples) in our van (van 2) had almost identical names, not confusing at all! (lie) But it was so fun, I think I burned more calories laughing then I did running!

Aren't these Girls gorgeous! Our Van was decked out in Ragnar style, we were very proud. :) Our Team was "Aching Up To Vegas" and the other van (van 1) was put together by Dave's brother, Shane (an experienced marathoner). Needless to say van 1 was slightly faster then ours. We were sad not to get to spend more time with them, but I guess that's what happens when you get 12 people with busy lives to get back to. You may have noticed the clip board in my hands, thats because I was team captain, kind of a head ache, but I was very proud of our team, and would do it again!














It was pretty cool that Dave & Shane got to pass to each other. Great photo op! Here is our whole group minus Dave, since he just got started on his las leg, (6 miles up hill, 4 miles down). We are smiling so big for 3 reasons, 1)Van 1 just finished their last run, and we are getting on with ours, and 2) our photographer was cracking jokes, 3) we are all going on next to no sleep for the last 24 hours, which made us a bit slap happy! We ended up coming in 112th out of 257, not too bad right! I even got a second medal for running 2 Ragnar's in 1 year. It was a great experience, one I plan to repeat in the future. After the running part was over, we tried to all meet at a Vegas buffet, (after a heavenly shower of coarse), but that didn't work out. So we said our good byes to van 1 and pigged out as van 2. We laughed and ate, and if you were Dave, fell asleep at the table. I was afraid I was going to have to carry him home so we went back to the hotel. We did church the next day in a Henderson ward building my cousin attends and enjoyed their primary program. Then home! If you ever have a desire to stretch your self to the limit and have a great time with friends while doing it, you should try a Ragnar!

4 comments:

Allred's said...

I am so impressed. I go walking with some women in my ward and I can barely keep up. I am the only one pushing 2 kids though. Anyways, it looked like lots of fun and a good experience.

Supercords said...

Love it Julie! I'm stealing a few of your photos for my blog post. Hope you don't mind :)

Shane

Amy said...

Great Job Julie! and Dave too!

Sara Schumacher said...

Congrats to you all. What an accomplishment!